10 Womens Tips for Buying Her the Perfect Jewelry
Jewelry Buying Tips from Women! Finding Her the Perfect Piece of Jewelry
If you open a copy of GQ or Maxim and find a guide on how to select jewelry that the woman in your life will love, who’s it written by? Not some dude named Joe or Michael. No, it’s advice from a much better source than a man – a woman! We’ve pulled together top tips from fashion and jewelry experts, all women, to give you the best shot at buying a dynamic piece of jewelry that will totally blow her away. Let’s take a look and see what we can learn.
1. Surprise her. If you were buying a hunting bow for your buddy you’d take him with you to check out what’s available and let him pick the one he likes. That’s a no-no when buying jewelry for your gal, and don’t even consider handing her a gift card. You’ll do better with her by taking it upon yourself to choose a gift you think she’ll love. When you pull out a small gift-wrapped box her heart will start to flutter. When she opens it, she will beam as bright as the jewels or amethyst bracelet within. Follow the rest of these tips to ensure that it will be a very pleasant surprise indeed.
2. Choose a romantic theme. Heart shaped gems will tug on her heart strings. Red jewels like rubies or garnets are perfect for this strategy. A gorgeous gold ring fashioned into a heart shape – or intertwined hearts – and adorned with diamonds, her birthstone or other brilliant jewel will speak your love to her in wonderful ways.
3. Go with what she already loves. If you know her preferred metal and favorite gems, find a new variation on the same theme. You’ll be as delighted as her when she opens it and exclaims, “Oh, sapphires with white gold! My favorites!” Being a student of the woman you love will prove beneficial in some many ways.
4. Buy sets. A pair of pearl earrings with a fine pearl necklace will get her heart pumping. An aquamarine pendant with matching ring will prove a perfect combination. Since gemstone color varies within each gem, be careful to choose hues that are good matches. If sets aren’t in the budget, choose pieces that will go well with what she already has. She’ll immediately starting talking about how great the citrine ring will look with her citrine earrings.
5. Personalize the gift. Give some thought to a short, sweet note you can have engraved on the back of the bejeweled watch or inside the ring. It will magnify the joy she receives when she discovers the extent of your thoughtfulness.
6. Choose genuine gemstones over lab created knock-offs. They may look the same to the untrained eye…but hers is not an untrained eye. She’ll most likely be able to spot the character qualities that set apart a real jewel from a synthetic. Synthetics are too perfect, too flawless, and they may also lack depth and have a rather glassy look.
7. Avoid being cheap! Also stay away from girly, cheap, fragile jewelry, or fads that that are odd. If you find a pendant she’ll love but it comes with a fragile chain, upgrade to a chain with the bulk and strength to last.
8. Ask her friends! If you're a bit wary, check your purchase with one of her friends before you give it to her. It will help gauge what her reaction will be. If the friend makes bad faces, send the jewelry back and start over. If she’s thrilled, you’ve picked a winner.
9. Choose quality over quantity…or both! The point is, don’t opt for the one-karat chunk of poor quality gemstone over the third-karat jewel that is of outstanding quality. Your purchase will reflect how you feel about her, and choosing the highest quality jewelry pieces will communicate your admiration, respect and love.
10. Remember, diamonds are never a bad choice. Consider selecting a piece of jewelry with just diamonds or one that features her favorite gemstone with diamond accompaniments. There’s just something about a diamond!
Make the next gift you give to the woman you love one that will delight her for years and years to come. Choose a gift of jewelry that fits her beautifully, like one crafted just for her. At least that’s how she’ll feel when you put this kind of thought into the selection.
What Jewelry Buying Tips Would You Add to the List?
Filed under: Gemstone Guides
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!